Saturday, August 3, 2013

It all started when I was little. . .

The other day, I was trying to pinpoint where my love of Halloween started.  Honestly, I can't tell you the year or the moment that started it all, I just know Halloween has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.

I remember spending our October afternoons decorating our small home with various construction paper and yarn cut outs and decor. 

One year in particular, when I was about 6 or 7, I remember we spent the whole week working on Halloween crafts.  My mom and aunt made a yarn wreath adorned with stuffed, felt jack'o'lanterns, scarecrows and ghosts.  I spent my time making Halloween costumes for my Barbies.  Once I was done, my parents proudly displayed them along with all our other decorations.  Adorned with our handmade wreath, construction paper ghosts and witches, accordion ghosts and costumed Barbies, we were ready for Halloween. 



The years went on, and there was never one time we didn't decorate or go through elaborate lengths to create a costume.  Fortunately, as we grew in age our taste also grew as well, but that's another post for another time.  

But I think it is because of these happy memories of childhood that I continue to love Halloween so much.



No comments:

Post a Comment